IK Logo

UTSTATS - Tips For Improving Ranking

Comments, suggestions, requests, slow downloads, glitches, etc.

Moderator: {§ÎR}MrBee®

Fri 08 Jun, 2012 8:08 pm

• Is the best player always #1?

Absolutely NOT! The ranking system Epic came up with is great, but nowhere close to being perfect and/or accurate. At one time I was ranked No. 1 for the week, No. 1 for the month and No. 12 for Alltime on the Global Stats. What does this mean exactly? It definitely doesn't mean I'm the 12th best player in the world of UT. Just means I knew a few secrets on how to play the game in a way that the Stats loved. If I really wanted to, no one could beat me in the stats. I'd be over 600 if I wanted to purely play for points. In order to get super mega high ranking, I'd actually have to lose every game in the last place position. I know you're thinking....WTF is cyber talking about? Efficiency is EVERYTHING (Hint)! It's more important to me to win than to rank high, and I would never purposely lose in order to see my name on top. Aint going to happen. With my crappy internet connection, it's very hard to score consistant and efficent results. That goes to the rest of you that lag, bog or have packet loss. If you're not up to speed, get the heck out of the game. Don't play anymore or it will hurt your score. The score rapers are the low-middle class player that just likes to snipe (no trans, no run, no move period). He/she will take your points away quicker than shit. He only has to hit you once to take many hard earned points from you. If he does hit you, it's very important to rock his world and only his world for the duration of the game. You can't let him/her continue to rape you and other players. Ex.- A low end camper hits someone with high points once in the head and then hides somewhere and never shoots or gets shot again......he/she will take 20+ points. That person will never win a game, but could be number one on the leader board. I'm educating everyone not to have you do it, but to teach you to prevent it. Most players aren't aware of it. Always keep moving and make yourself a hard target. Let the snipers waste their ammo and give up their location. I've actually integrated the hard target routine into my everyday style. I don't actually hunt anyone....notice it next time....you come after me. When you do....your efficiency drops cause you can't kill me quick. I don't go after Bee, FF, Power, or Darkplague unless I have the angle on them. If I miss the first time, I continue to trans around for a less moving target. It's no use to pursue...you just waste time. I will only go after you hard if I have to. The biggest difference between me and you is the aggression level. You guys/girls are on the offensive while I play mostly defense. I go for the high percentage shots which helps my efficiency. Bots do nothing for you btw unless you just want to win. I do, that's why sometimes you see me move from one bot to another quick and furious. Bots are great for when you have a slow jerky connection or need to catch up. Choose your matches wisely. Come into a match that has plenty of real players around your same level and dominate them. Hope this helps. :)

Windows 10 Pro, Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz 1151 Unlocked, MSI Z170A Gaming M7, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Gaming 4G, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx soundcard, Logitech® G9x Laser Mouse, 850 EVGA Supernova PSU.
    {ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
    King

Fri 08 Jun, 2012 8:43 pm

• But ....

The Thing in my opinion : Once you get interested in stats and want to

improve your eff:

When you are on the Portal of this site.. you have a little lower
    the stat MENU... you see here the Rank .

Clic Players and go observe your Stats ,

Every word on the LINE Sort ... Frag, score blablabla .. are CLicable .
    Now watche who dies the most , who dies the less
    Who is and what is your personal eff.

it is perty neet ...:-)
    we lost the stats from the World wide stats ,,EPIC WONT KEEP TRACK or fixing the year long problem . those was the real stats ...
    but i like to look at those here at IK ,,,

i can see that my eff. is very good and keeping it hight is years work...

the STats here are my reference on my 291 hours of play since Stats ...
    if you see that i am 2th in eff. on IK stats

it is becose even if i go up and down in the score , whit the years that pass by ... the stats are a reference on a adversaire ,,,

hehe :twisted:

I miss World wide Stats :cry:

{§ÎR}MrBee®
    Master Lord

Fri 08 Jun, 2012 8:49 pm

• The way to play stats hapens with time ..

the best all time reference to a elite player here at Ik is Power ,

Greatest hard worker that will and in fact does a great job getthing there .

so yes , no worry about the stats ,,,

if you love the fight ! you will be comming back for more lolol
    happy Frags all
    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

{§ÎR}MrBee®
    Master Lord

Fri 08 Jun, 2012 9:01 pm

• The thing we miss in honor of IK is ,, that we are a elite team at this game ,

But we are not as team delivering it ! understand

if we did clan match . then . proudly showing your tag is a honor .

we sould setup some team games ,, TDM or CTF .
    i have played CTF in ut2k4 a lot and belive me it was Binslayer type and fast ... we would have a blast with our weapons here ,... :-)
    that is the only idea of a other server ,,, but then

i should start by studing some great game Voter i could tweek ..
    there ar great ones out there ,,,

{§ÎR}MrBee®
    Master Lord

Fri 08 Jun, 2012 9:20 pm

• A TDM or CTF server would be AWESOME!!!!!

Windows 10 Pro, Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz 1151 Unlocked, MSI Z170A Gaming M7, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Gaming 4G, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx soundcard, Logitech® G9x Laser Mouse, 850 EVGA Supernova PSU.
    {ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
    King

Fri 08 Jun, 2012 10:42 pm

Fri 08 Jun, 2012 10:48 pm

• Great advice guys, I really learn a lot from this...thank you :)

and yes a CTF server will be awesome, I'm in, just let me know what you need.
    {ÎK}POWER
    Champion

Sat 09 Jun, 2012 12:11 am

• yea, Power has improved a lot. I'm afraid of him now lol Jk :-P I like the challenge.
    I was playing FF the other night and Oh man, he wasn't doing that well as opposed to other times. Practice makes perfect.
    I use to play a lot of CTF and would like to have it back but would also be interesting to have a lot more players join in the fun.
    IK should go to other UT2k4 clans and advertise and give out information about the server. "If you built it, they will come"
    Darkplague
    Champion

Sat 09 Jun, 2012 7:10 am

• You are now our official special envoy .. lol
    Dam you grow in Popularity with your new Knight tag
    lol

{§ÎR}MrBee®
    Master Lord

Sat 09 Jun, 2012 4:39 pm

• Thank you guys for the complements and I'm only better because I learned and I play with the best.

By the way guys I play on other servers too, I play Freeze Tag, CTF and bomb and run and the SIRs are known for their toughness and speed, I always do my best to promote and represent our clan.

DP is right, we need to have more players, it's much more fun, maybe we need to do a fixed and an official clan's night and post it on the front page of our forum, we have an awesome thing going on and we need to pass the word.
    {ÎK}POWER
    Champion

Sat 09 Jun, 2012 7:22 pm

• When you make a team . some defend others attack ... so if your less confortable DM playing you can still perform and make all the difference in a team game .. maybe snipers and defensive player can just add the perfect balance in team play ...

i did love Team playing and since ever enjoy the DM ... i am more a DM guy . But still whem clan gets togeter . i joing and attack at front ... even if fragged . pufff , i am just comming back for me revenge intensive players lol ... i do miss him ...

It is like Power , Dam it is always bullets i get from him ... maybe watching is back is Clan worthy ..

hehe ..

and btw . when i leave a game . it is called . I GIVE POINT .
    i am dominated and will not more arms to me staff . lets call it trow the towell ... Or it is becose i am piss , LAGGY games i get , or like i say .. i give point ..

you know , they say dont drink and drive .. but sometimes .. should i play lol ..

weekends guys lol

{§ÎR}MrBee®
    Master Lord

Sat 09 Jun, 2012 7:28 pm

• Can remember that last Monday ? lolololll
    hey guys be on the watch i am Making DM-BAGDAD . all base
    on the great architecture from DM-BlackHawk , i am using my compiled version of the static meshs ... means i can drop a full city in a mater of hours ...
    No hiding on any of the maps i do or try to evade puting some on the servers ,, ( Thats Me )

so it will be Black hawk in many ways setup and contry side ..
    but no leak or undermap teleport ...

soon to be :-)

{§ÎR}MrBee®
    Master Lord

• Thank you for the advice. For the last month I have been very frustrated. I have had all kinds of problems. Packet loss, speed issues, weapons not changing etc etc. I still like to play and hate not being able to compete. Very frustrating being chased all the time and not enough speed to move. Last night I was killing with my teleporter because the weapons would not change. I am slowly getting all this stuff worked out. Working on my gear and fixing things. The only way to really tell is play with real people. Still got some things to work out.

Nine
    {ÎK}NINE
    Knight

• Great to hear Nine......I feel really bad for the problems you've been having. Can't wait to see you at 100% man!

{ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
    King

Return to IK-Plåygrøúnd øf Légénds (FreeStyle-ZARK/SNIPER)

Information