IK Logo

things that make you go hhhmmm...

Comments, suggestions, requests, slow downloads, glitches, etc.

Moderator: {§ÎR}MrBee®

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 11:38 pm

• Things that make you go hmmmm... Since I am injured I have been casually playing until it really hurts. I have been noticing patterns. Bots attack in twos and it is like stirring up a hornets nest. Once you kill one they instantly spawn and attack if you are in the generating area. This makes them much more difficult than humans. Humans do not go directly to guns like a bot does. And they do not target as quickly and accurately as a bot. My guess is movements of humans is far more different than bots also and should be noticed quickly. Study of the map should help to determine where the most aggressive areas for bots are. I have noticed on counterdust I can handle the bot pattern fairly easy but on other maps I am still figuring them out. Bots are easier to target and kill than humans, just the frequency, amount of them and where they start from make them a pain.

Just me rambling and hurting at the moment

Nine
    {ÎK}NINE
    Knight

• From my understanding these bots hold grudges, the more you kill them the more they get violent and determined to kill you back, I find this challenging because they really serve as a great tool for practice, I never seen more violent bots as much as the ones we have on POL and I prefer them that way. I don't like when the bots are slow and passive, it just doesn't do it for me. Most of the players on POL including you Nine are very good players so playing with bots that are easy to kill becomes boring and useless to our skill level. For example before Cyber had these bots I use to get Flawless wins against the bots on every game but it gets old and boring after a while, these new bots brought a new challenge, now I rarely get Flawless score unless I work for it from start to finish and it all depends of the map of course, small maps are very hard and the death level is usually higher than big maps and that's because in big maps you can tranz away and hide until you are at a safe distance but with small maps you have no where to go and you have to face it head on. I hope you get better soon Nine, I noticed that your skill level got much better lately, keep up the good work my friend.
    {ÎK}POWER
    Champion

Sun 29 Mar, 2015 11:21 pm

• Power, I agree the difficult bots make a big difference. Right now speed is my issue with the injury. I bowled and worked out today for the first time in about 3 weeks and I am tender. I still try to play just for know;edge. When things get a little crowded I take off for a bit. I know at the moment I just can not keep up. When I feel good I play Deck 18 and sit in the meadow and practice until it hurts.
    {ÎK}NINE
    Knight

Mon 30 Mar, 2015 11:51 am

• There are award winning bots that I'm going to try and implement into the POL. They are part of a contest using UT2004 bot for their AI. The whole point of the contest was to create a bot that judges would believe were human. I downloaded the winning bots and will try to make it work with our server. I've played them offline and I have to say they move just like us. They don't fly at you like they're possessed. They seem to circle around on ya playing the ole cat and mouse.

http://www.techspot.com/news/50354-custom-ut2004-bots-are-more-human-than-real-life-players.html

http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xtyar1

Windows 10 Pro, Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz 1151 Unlocked, MSI Z170A Gaming M7, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Gaming 4G, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx soundcard, Logitech® G9x Laser Mouse, 850 EVGA Supernova PSU.
    {ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
    King

Mon 30 Mar, 2015 12:14 pm

• So if i get this right you can program a series of bots to hunt specific players and account for their tendencies? AND Power is a grudge bot! After I shoot him he holds a grudge and chases me thru a portal where I wait to shoot him again! LOL
    {ÎK}NINE
    Knight

Tue 07 Apr, 2015 12:23 pm

• HAHAHA, Yes I know and I agree with you both Nine and Queen, I just can't help it and for me it adds to the excitement. Also whenever you kill someone almost most of the time you SPAWN back next to them I think that is programmed in purpose by UT so players can get their revenge. Another thing is that I really like to fight people more than I like to fight bots, bots are too predictable but the human mind is less predictable, challenging and much more fun to play against. Bottom line your observation is correct :P
    {ÎK}POWER
    Champion

Tue 07 Apr, 2015 12:29 pm

• :twisted: LOL, best reply ever! Yep, imma spawn killing, grudge holding, human hunting bad ass!! Love it..hehe
    {ÎK}Queen
    Queen

Return to IK-Plåygrøúnd øf Légénds (FreeStyle-ZARK/SNIPER)

Information