IK Logo

Adding some maps.

Comments, suggestions, requests, slow downloads, glitches, etc.

Moderator: {§ÎR}MrBee®

Wed 20 Jun, 2007 9:01 am

• Will be adding vehicle maps that will spice up the POL.

Windows 10 Pro, Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz 1151 Unlocked, MSI Z170A Gaming M7, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Gaming 4G, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx soundcard, Logitech® G9x Laser Mouse, 850 EVGA Supernova PSU.
    {ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
    King

Wed 20 Jun, 2007 10:17 am

• Cool man... I never have used vehicles. Are they just the maps? Or do the vehicles spawn and become usible?
    {§ÎR}$pøøñ
    Champion

Wed 20 Jun, 2007 11:33 am

• Well, if the map is setup right the vehicles will work... Theres a mutator knocking around that alows you to spawn vehicles in any map but Im not sure if it works right. I do have a method for spawning vehicles in Deathmatch maps tho if you guys (the mappers) want it... however, this will spawn vehicles in the map no matter what server it runs on.

There are 10 types of people in the world... Those who understand binary and those who dont :P
    |EVO|AsToRoTh
    Page

Wed 20 Jun, 2007 5:38 pm

• Any information would be greatly appreciated |EVO|AsToRoTh. :) My idea was to use some large existing maps and add some non-standard vehicles. (Boats, planes, subs, helicopters, tanks, motorcycles, horses, jeeps, amphibious crafts, hovercrafts, etc.) It won't be for every map, but it would be good to have a fun change of pace. The problem is the setup. In order to be fun, the vehicles would have to have the ultimate advantage. I can somewhat enforce this by setting the Leviathan's vehicle damage scale to basically 0. The map would also have to be set up in a way where spawn raping would be at a minimum. There is a mutator where you can change the weapon's loadout per individual map. This would be the best. Just can't remember the mutator's name. LOL

Windows 10 Pro, Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz 1151 Unlocked, MSI Z170A Gaming M7, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Gaming 4G, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx soundcard, Logitech® G9x Laser Mouse, 850 EVGA Supernova PSU.
    {ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
    King

Wed 20 Jun, 2007 7:42 pm

• {§ÎR}çyßêrhåwk wrote:Any information would be greatly appreciated |EVO|AsToRoTh. :) My idea was to use some large existing maps and add some non-standard vehicles. (Boats, planes, subs, helicopters, tanks, motorcycles, horses, jeeps, amphibious crafts, hovercrafts, etc.) It won't be for every map, but it would be good to have a fun change of pace. The problem is the setup. In order to be fun, the vehicles would have to have the ultimate advantage. I can somewhat enforce this by setting the Leviathan's vehicle damage scale to basically 0. The map would also have to be set up in a way where spawn raping would be at a minimum. There is a mutator where you can change the weapon's loadout per individual map. This would be the best. Just can't remember the mutator's name. LOL

Wasn't that mut called "map mixer " ?? it allows you to specify maps,game types, weapons, etc...

http://mapmixer.oceaniaut.com/

take a look see , it may be what your looking for!

Later all!

Chef
    {ÎK}Írôn Chef
    Lord

Wed 20 Jun, 2007 9:23 pm

• {§ÎR}çyßêrhåwk wrote:.....add some non-standard vehicles. (Boats, planes, subs, helicopters, tanks, motorcycles, horses, jeeps, amphibious crafts, hovercrafts, etc.) .....

LMDAO :) Can ya just see us fraggin on horseback.....LOL :)

Can't wait to see.
    Strider
    Page

Thu 21 Jun, 2007 6:37 am

• Windows 10 Pro, Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz 1151 Unlocked, MSI Z170A Gaming M7, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Gaming 4G, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx soundcard, Logitech® G9x Laser Mouse, 850 EVGA Supernova PSU.
    {ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
    King

Thu 21 Jun, 2007 3:16 pm

• LMAO!! what a combination, knights, horses and helicopters !!! sounds like there will be lots of really funny screenshot opportunities with this lol!!

{§ÎR}Irøn Chêf
    {ÎK}Írôn Chef
    Lord

Thu 21 Jun, 2007 6:46 pm

Thu 21 Jun, 2007 9:20 pm

• Holy He//... Is that for real??? (I know, it is for Unreal) but you know what I mean... Is it functional??? Can you actually get that stuff to work?
    {§ÎR}$pøøñ
    Champion

Thu 21 Jun, 2007 10:18 pm

Fri 22 Jun, 2007 2:12 pm

• K, cyber Ill do some digging as I have the mutator (needs embedding into the map if I remember rightly or adding to the server so it can be pushed.... if you want to google it, its called VSOverride).. its not perfect but it works. Ive got a map I made somewhere that I added the actor to.. if I can find it Ill send you the map m8 so you can see the basic setup.

Btw, where did you get that knight model? I was working on a museum map a while back and that would come in really handy ;)

There are 10 types of people in the world... Those who understand binary and those who dont :P
    |EVO|AsToRoTh
    Page

Sat 23 Jun, 2007 3:59 pm

• Blackhole and I just tested the vehicle map and it was a ton of fun. Attack helicopters and jet fighters dogfighting in the sky. Zark forces didn't have a chance with heavy air to ground strikes. Spawn paths were spaced far apart from each other and indoors to help prevent spawn raping. Also the botpaths don't lead to the outside to prevent a sniping hotspot. The map layout forces you to quickly run for a vehicle or you will surely die! All missiles fired from the aircrafts have heat seeking abilities so even if you trans like a madman, you will die! There is no escape but to face your opponent in the air where you at least have a fighting chance. Sniping with the leviathan doesn't have much effect on the air vehicles and like i said before, if you're in a position to shoot from the ground you'll most likely die in a matter of seconds.

I'm in no way turning the POL into an all vehicles server. Just would like to throw a few maps in and see what people think about them.

{ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
    King

Thu 28 Jun, 2007 11:18 am

• K Cyber I found that mutator.... first link is for the actor itself (VSOverride.u) just put it in a map and use AS-Vehicle factories (if I remember rightly) few things you need to setup so see the second link for info on that. 2nd link also takes you to the code needed to embed the actor in a map rather than pushing the .u from a server... as far as I remember tho the code is flawed and wouldnt compile for me... though Im sure you will work out what it is as soon as you view the code LoL.

VSOverride Actor

Code and Instructions

Now.... about that suit of armour heheheheh

|EVO|AsToRoTh
    Page

Return to IK-Plåygrøúnd øf Légénds (FreeStyle-ZARK/SNIPER)

Information