IK Logo

Vista V.s. xP SP3

Non-Specific Chat.

Moderator: {§ÎR}MrBee®

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 3:26 am

• LOL, this sounds like a hostile act to me..

Mate, I don't sell Vista, so don't accuse me for something that you're not sure of, and UT3 probably runs better on XP, but who cares, I'm not complaining with 75 fps :)

BTW, what's wrong with you signatures and avatars, hopefully you don't have much modem users or this page might load for couple of minutes. I have never seen a forum with bigger avatars and sigs :D
    N1K
    Page

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 11:27 am

• Lmao... Im so glad you said that... how frustrated was I the other day when was trying to read your post.... damn page kept scrolling down as the images loaded (my net is running crappy atm.. getting about 2mb/s :( )

There are 10 types of people in the world... Those who understand binary and those who dont :P
    |EVO|AsToRoTh
    Page

Thu 21 Aug, 2008 3:08 am

• Vista is actually quite beautiful and I'd love to run it. If I wasn't a serious gamer, I'd still have it loaded. Fact is fact. XP runs UT and UT3 over twice as fast as Vista. If anyone can tell me how to get the same FPS while using Vista, I'll shred all my XP cd's.

LOL, yes we believe bigger is better. This site is geared to showcase our talents and not built for speed. 56k'ers wouldn't be on a online gaming website these days. Anyone that visits us would most certainly have broadband. Even so, there's some wait time. Once you cache in all our avys and sigs, load time is pretty quick.

Windows 10 Pro, Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz 1151 Unlocked, MSI Z170A Gaming M7, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Gaming 4G, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx soundcard, Logitech® G9x Laser Mouse, 850 EVGA Supernova PSU.
    {ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
    King

Thu 21 Aug, 2008 9:42 am

• Lol I agree vista is real pretty I have tried to make it work with my game system many times just because I do like the way it looks...... I have to say that much for microsoft they always have inpressed me with the way windows looks.......... but my xp with windows blinds and a sidebar program looks just like vista and it runs good even if I'm in game other thing I knoticed about vista that I did not like was how much longer it takes to convert dvd to avi and other stupid little things that it just seems like it not quite as fast as xp is for some apps......

Hope I did not ofend you with the comment about you must sell it just with as much time and effort you put in to the post I felt like I was in the computer store overhereing a teck talking to some one about upgradeing to vista................. I have not paid for windows sence Windows Me might be why I hate windows so much 300$ for a pile of crap............. 8 years later and I'm still bitter about it...........still want to find that teck that sold me Windows Me just to shove that disk up his ass....... what the bad part is I had to buy a new laptop and I could not get them to sell it to me with out vista in it I asked for linux or xp or something other then vista because I still don't like giveing microsoft any of my cash....... any how I'm ranting about them once more let me stop......lol
    {§ÎR}Earthishome7569
    Knight

Sun 21 Dec, 2008 1:53 am

• LOL. Interesting discussion board. I have been using Vista Business since Vista was released. Installed it on the PC I had just built. It is running perfect for me. But that was a long road. I researched a lot of tweaks and turned off a lot of the bloatware crap that I would not need at home. I had a lot of issues as it is the case with all MS Oses but at the end I am pleased with the results.
    I experience no crashes.
    I dont have to reboot when things go wrong.
    I love DX10 and what it does to my games. And I play all my games new and old on high settings (and i love me games)
    I haven't had problems with spyware or viruses. I use McAfee enterprise 8.5i (OS and antivirus provided from my job, since i am on 24/7 call)
    Don't take me wrong I am not saying go run and buy it. But if you do be prepared to work on it and tweak it. I had some help from www.tweakguides.com and other sites. Besides its fun to take on more challenges. lol
    {§ÎR}Wéåpøñ-X
    Knight

Mon 22 Dec, 2008 8:02 am

• Vista is puuuuurdy but networking sux, gettin some games to run also sux, Im SO glad I didn't pay for the copy I got. After the 3rd update it was blue screen city. I did have a lugit CD key as well ;) Really, I did :P

{§ÎR}stråyçåt {§ÎR}stråyçåt {§ÎR}stråyçåt {§ÎR}stråyçåt
    {§ÎR}stråyçåt
    Knight

Tue 23 Dec, 2008 8:50 am

• I use Vista 64 bit, I agree that XP probably runs UT better...but I wanted to have 8gb of ram, and as far as I understood it at the time, XP-64 bit will only recognize a maximum of 4 gb.

I made this video the other day, this is the game that has been consuming all my time lately....
    Watch in HD and Enlarge.....

MetalFinger - Far Cry 2
    JJJ13
    Page

Fri 26 Dec, 2008 1:35 pm

• I've dumped Windows for good.

Patch this...patch that. Bloat and slowness.

My Mac boots in half the time and I can still play 2k4 and 99. ;)
    Strider
    Page

Fri 26 Dec, 2008 5:14 pm

• With XP, ( and this is no sheet ) my rig boots in 12 seconds ;)

{§ÎR}stråyçåt {§ÎR}stråyçåt {§ÎR}stråyçåt {§ÎR}stråyçåt
    {§ÎR}stråyçåt
    Knight

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 4:44 am

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Information