IK Logo

The Right Motherboard

Non-Specific Chat.

Moderator: {§ÎR}MrBee®

Thu 11 Jun, 2009 3:53 pm

• As SOme of you know I had a high tower pc case in which I was to build a brand new computer from scratch and have even a better time playin ut. Well the only prob is the motherboard for my needs. I reduced it to two options. Either the Nforce 790i series or the ASUS p5-p6 series. Both are off the chain but I'm lookin for one that as alot of pci slots so that a can have a buntch of hardware attach. Why not use up the HIgh towers full potential right??

{ÌK}Øm€gÄñ~§PÂRtÄÑ
    Lord

Fri 12 Jun, 2009 8:03 pm

• ASUS is good stuff in mho, but you have to keep your power needs in mind as well, more stuff,i.e. more items you plan to have plugged into those PCI slots whether they be 2-3 video cards or whatever, make dang sure and get a much bigger power supply to allow for more "tenants" in those slots :lol:

All the best ,

Chef
    {ÎK}Írôn Chef
    Lord

Sun 14 Jun, 2009 1:48 pm

• Have no clue .. so many hardware out there .. pro"s help may come . 8)
    let us know what you get .

{§ÎR}MrBee®
    Master Lord

Sun 14 Jun, 2009 10:50 pm

• Copy that. THe funny thing with technology is that its evolving all the time so in that regard I plan to get a motherboard in a paticular range of perfomance and not the most recently released motherboard that so expensive. I think i found one. ITs the Asus P6M. Also would be even wise to invest in a Nforce motherboard?

{ÌK}Øm€gÄñ~§PÂRtÄÑ
    Lord

Return to General Discussion

Information