crap

Computer or software related discussion.

Moderator: {§ÎR}MrBee®

{§ÎR}Earthishome7569
Knight

well I'm not real sure but my video card is taking a crap I think none of the drivers are working for it I tried to install windows on a empty drive and I'm getting the same results with a fresh install as on my other drive that I have been working with for over a year........ So I'm down and out kind of it still works but for how long I dont know no directx program will open so I can even finish anything I had in the works it will be like 4 months before I can think about upgradeing so I be in the forums and things but out of play for a while or till i can get all of this sorted out.........................
{§ÎR}stråyçåt
Knight

Did you pull it out before reinstalling?
Image ImageImage

{§ÎR}stråyçåt {§ÎR}stråyçåt {§ÎR}stråyçåt {§ÎR}stråyçåt
{ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
King

So you're saying the 2d works, but not the 3d due to not being able to install the full drivers? What kind of video card do you have?

Windows 10 Pro, Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz 1151 Unlocked, MSI Z170A Gaming M7, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Gaming 4G, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx soundcard, Logitech® G9x Laser Mouse, 850 EVGA Supernova PSU.
Strider
Page

Yeah what is the model? I can check my surplus heaps here and see what I got.
{§ÎR}stråyçåt
Knight

Hey Dan, got any pc133?

no, really....... I got your old 1.4 you sent me awhile back, got Vista on it but it needs a kick.

Kev, rip that card out and stomp on it. lol
Image ImageImage

Strider
Page

I'll take a look. ;)
{§ÎR}Earthishome7569
Knight

ok here is whats going on with it............ from a fresh install of windows and install of drivers for nic card and motherboard drivers nothing else windows xp with service pack 2 from install............ I install the drivers for the card and it go's in to an loop memory error that gives me a blue screen of death and from there I restart go in to safe mode and uninstall the drivers and then restart and then i can go back in to windows every thing is fine other then no games or direct x or 3d.......... I have read about some some edits i can do to the windows registry but have not got time to try that yet.............

my system as it sits is this
an abit via chipset motherboard ======= POS
amd athlon xp 3000
ati agp 2600 Vision tech card with a 600 v clock and a 512 mem
1 gig of ddr 3200
and a 10/100/1000 lan card
2 120 ide harddrives
2 250 ide harddrives
2 500 sata hardrives
and dvd burner when needed.....lol

I am truly impressed that this old pos has run for so long and so well for so many years and I think in a few months I will be getting a new one hopefully....................

but I'm strapped out some ill stuff has happened over the past few weeks and pc is not on a high list of things to do I can put remote back on and forward the port for any one that wants to look at the set up but I am pretty good and have tried all the drivers that i can find on it and still am getting the same results........ but don't worrie in time I will bounce back to playing needless to say its going to put a lot of my projects on hold for a bit
Zack Wheat
Page

{§ÎR}stråyçåt wrote:Hey Dan, got any pc133?

no, really....... I got your old 1.4 you sent me awhile back, got Vista on it but it needs a kick.

Kev, rip that card out and stomp on it. lol
Don't stomp on anything!!!! I'm still on my 64 mb Geforce 2 Ti from before the UFC / Gondor days.
Mike
{§ÎR}Kéndríx
Master Lord

Zack Wheat wrote: Don't stomp on anything!!!! I'm still on my 64 mb Geforce 2 Ti from before the UFC / Gondor days.
Mike
Holy Crap!!!
Cheers,
{§ÎR}Kéndríx

{§ÎR}stråyçåt
Knight

Mike the garbage man, lol....
Image ImageImage

Strider
Page

{§ÎR}stråyçåt wrote:Hey Dan, got any pc133?
The couple I had test with parity errors. I'll keep my eyes out though.
{§ÎR}stråyçåt
Knight

Dag-nabbit! Thanks anyways, Dan.

/me STOMPS on Mikes 64 pukecard for him :mrgreen:
Image ImageImage