IK Logo

MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming Motherboard - UT2004 Issue FIX

Computer or software related discussion.

Moderator: {§ÎR}MrBee®

• I just wanted to post this for anyone else in the world that is having the same problem.

Problem: Whenever I play UT2004 in multiplayer (online), I freeze when the server switches to the next map. The only way around it, is Ctl-Alt-Del and then restart. I tried newest drivers and a complete reinstall of the game. I even tried various OS's such as Windows 7 and Windows 8. Tweaked compatibility mode without luck. I had a sneaking suspicion that my onboard NIC (KILLER 2100) was the culprit. I disabled it and installed a wireless usb adapter for testing. All my problems were cured. So indeed it was my network card. KILLER supposed to be this colossal gaming NIC and for the most part it is. Their drivers are great, but the configurable manager software doesn't mesh with UT2004 with default settings. In fairness, I didn't try to change settings to make it work, but instead....

Solution: Uninstalled KILLER's driver/software combo, rebooted, and reinstalled. It will initially install the driver and later ask you whether you want to install the manager. JUST SAY NO!!!!!! I experienced no problems after doing this.

Hope this helps

~cyber

Windows 10 Pro, Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz 1151 Unlocked, MSI Z170A Gaming M7, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Gaming 4G, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx soundcard, Logitech® G9x Laser Mouse, 850 EVGA Supernova PSU.
    {ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
    King

• As a follow up....don't install the Killer drivers from MSI. Go to Killer's site and download theirs......problem solved.

Windows 10 Pro, Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz 1151 Unlocked, MSI Z170A Gaming M7, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Gaming 4G, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx soundcard, Logitech® G9x Laser Mouse, 850 EVGA Supernova PSU.
    {ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
    King

Return to Hardware/Software

Information