IK Logo

Vintage Memories

Computer or software related discussion.

Moderator: {§ÎR}MrBee®

Tue 24 Mar, 2015 9:14 pm

• When UT99 came out I went through several video cards in order to play it properly. The big test was getting the intro to run smooth. I didn't have any luck until 3dfx released their Voodoo Series. I personally had the 3000 and the 5500. Nvidia bought them out just as Windows XP was released and refused to produce 3d drivers for it rendering them useless as it wouldn't work with XP. A 3rd party source released a hacked unofficial 3d driver for it, but Nvidia threatened the guy with a lawsuit if he didn't take it down. A day later the source's website was covered with Nvidia ads. I guess Nvidia wanted me to throw away my brand new 3dfx Voodoo5 5500 ($399.00) and buy their shit! I refused to buy Nvidia products for many years because of this. Eventually I had to cave. I still say shame on you Nvidia!!!!

How many of you remember or used these cards?

Windows 10 Pro, Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz 1151 Unlocked, MSI Z170A Gaming M7, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Gaming 4G, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx soundcard, Logitech® G9x Laser Mouse, 850 EVGA Supernova PSU.
    {ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
    King

Return to Hardware/Software

Information