IK Logo

UT3 Dying?

Unreal Tournament III Chat.

Moderator: {§ÎR}MrBee®

Thu 21 Aug, 2008 4:16 am

• Read the following:

Chaotic Dreams: ChaosUT3 Mod

UT3 can be the greatest game ever, but it still isn't where it needs to be. Most people I fear will move on to newer DirectX 10 games. Hell it's almost a year since UT3 has been released and it's still unplayable which causes huge frustrations. We at least have a good showing for UT2004 still. Once UT3 gets all the bugs worked out, we'll have to start promoting it hard. There's no doubt that we could raise this game from the dead.

Windows 10 Pro, Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz 1151 Unlocked, MSI Z170A Gaming M7, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Gaming 4G, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx soundcard, Logitech® G9x Laser Mouse, 850 EVGA Supernova PSU.
    {ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
    King

Sat 23 Aug, 2008 5:15 am

• You know it just like 2003 all over agen they pushed this game out the doors way to fast they need to fire all of there testers just because they did not test crap just said it looks grate and went on with there day looks like ut3 is going to have another release like 2003 did just because of how buggy every one says it is personaly I have had one issue from time to time and that is conecting to a server here and there but I uninstall and reinstall and works fine after that it normally comes in when they do another dam Patch
    {§ÎR}Earthishome7569
    Knight

Sat 23 Aug, 2008 6:21 am

• Make some giant maps, GMC style and watch the game shine.....

I just didn't get into it....

{§ÎR}stråyçåt {§ÎR}stråyçåt {§ÎR}stråyçåt {§ÎR}stråyçåt
    {§ÎR}stråyçåt
    Knight

Sat 23 Aug, 2008 6:28 am

• I'm working on getting a good gmc style set up going I have about 15 maps now need a better bin gun then the one I got though but soon it will be here.............. oh and I do have the 18th hole for it lol
    {§ÎR}Earthishome7569
    Knight

Sat 23 Aug, 2008 9:42 am

• Yeah I was fairly impressed. After the patches it is "almost" playable. I got in a few games and for the most part you can vote and move on to the next map. A few glitches here and there, but not too bad.

This is how it should of came out of the box. Not quite a good at 99 or 2k4, but there is at least a glimmer of hope. ;)
    Strider
    Page

Sat 23 Aug, 2008 6:43 pm

• The only !! things that are keeping me from reloading UT3 up for the 3----4th? time , is that the GUI stinks, downloading and installing files in the correct place is a major pain in the ass!! , the lack of mutators especailly the trans I hate with a passion!! and lets see :razz: and I gotta have a SIG 552 - UT3 before I'll load it up again ! :lol: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Chef

PS In all seriousness, I'm gonna play a wait and see on the next patches to come before I'll play it again.

Long live UT99 and Ut2004 !!
    {ÎK}Írôn Chef
    Lord

Mon 25 Aug, 2008 7:37 pm

• I agree, long live 99 ( 2004, well...... ) I just might install it again but I need the nocd patch for it ( mine's a copy ) and of course, I had that patch on one of them dead drives :(

{§ÎR}stråyçåt
    Knight

Mon 25 Aug, 2008 9:43 pm

• I hope UT3 doesnt dye. I just began work on building my pc. Trust me, I dont think this is the last of UT series. They know they messed up and will own up to their mistakes.

{ÌK}Øm€gÄñ~§PÂRtÄÑ
    Lord

Mon 25 Aug, 2008 11:44 pm

• {§ÎR}Øm€gÄñ~§PÂRtÄÑ wrote:I hope UT3 doesnt dye. I just began work on building my pc. Trust me, I dont think this is the last of UT series. They know they messed up and will own up to their mistakes.
    Dont count on it, it was let out way before it should have.

Way to many bugs. Heck, now one can get it for $20.00. Far cry from the 59.99 they wanted at the beginning....

IMO

{§ÎR}stråyçåt
    Knight

Tue 26 Aug, 2008 4:00 am

• this Game is just 2 new still the multi player action will only inprove with it and more and more people will slowly start flocking over to it like a lot of us did from 99 to 04 and so on I will have a gmc style server one of thease Days for it and I know that all the people at epic will make the online play as good as it possible can be with ut3 but yeah I think they will bite there toung on a new release for a while this one here still need a lot of work but looks freaking awesome so things will only get better from here on out hopefuly.....lol
    {§ÎR}Earthishome7569
    Knight

Sat 06 Sep, 2008 8:20 pm

• I love the game, But as alot of you said, its frustrating, running a server when the 1.3 patch came out it screwwed up some of my mutators, Now they dont function right or they leave people unable to connect,very frustrateing they need to do what was said in above post fire all them testers. :D
    [MZK]MadFinger
    Page

Sat 06 Sep, 2008 10:15 pm

• lol I have issues with my test server here at the house and stuff but it looks as if {Sir}strider is doing a kick ass Job with the one we have advertised on the site here.... as far as the mutilators and things like that.......... Might want to give him a shout if he can find the time.............
    {§ÎR}Earthishome7569
    Knight

Thu 18 Sep, 2008 7:02 pm

• I took this pic just outside a local Walmart parking lot:

Windows 10 Pro, Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz 1151 Unlocked, MSI Z170A Gaming M7, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Gaming 4G, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx soundcard, Logitech® G9x Laser Mouse, 850 EVGA Supernova PSU.
    {ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
    King

Fri 19 Sep, 2008 1:28 pm

Sun 21 Sep, 2008 7:21 pm

• {§ÎR}Earthishome7569 wrote:You know it just like 2003 all over agen they pushed this game out the doors way to fast they need to fire all of there testers just because they did not test crap just said it looks grate and went on with there day looks like ut3 is going to have another release like 2003 did just because of how buggy every one says it is personaly I have had one issue from time to time and that is conecting to a server here and there but I uninstall and reinstall and works fine after that it normally comes in when they do another dam Patch

I had a much better and easier time with 2003 vs ut3! the patches came out faster and sooner and fixed the problems that were messed up and you were able to go play , this game, meh, I can load it up and play offline, but online is where the Kernall 32 things crashes. I looked over the troubleshooting for ut3 thread at the epic forum, go look , it tells a sad story of woe not only for me !!

Chef
    {ÎK}Írôn Chef
    Lord

Next

Return to UT3 Discussion

Information