UT3 Dying?

Unreal Tournament III Chat.

Moderator: {§ÎR}MrBee®

Strider
Page

Don't worry Chef. I'm on the bleeding edge of UT3's progress and checking my sources on a daily basis. When it is stable for the majority the people here will be the first to know.

In the meantime we will make sure there are plenty of games and variety for everyone.
{ÎK}Írôn Chef
Lord

{§ÎR}StríÐer wrote:Don't worry Chef. I'm on the bleeding edge of UT3's progress and checking my sources on a daily basis. When it is stable for the majority the people here will be the first to know.

In the meantime we will make sure there are plenty of games and variety for everyone.
Kool! thanks Strider! till then all you have to do is check the ABG logs to see where I'll be found :lol: WEEEEEEEEEE!!

Chef
Strider
Page

Hell month is almost over for me at work, so I'll be in the servers more often now myself.
{ÎK}Írôn Chef
Lord

I've got it running again atm at least! Now we need SIG Vipers and translocaters !!

Chef
{ÎK}Írôn Chef
Lord

Bump ! how long till we can see the Stealth for UT3 ??? the game is much more playable now for sure! We just need IK style guns and more maps .
Been playing quite a bit on ROS, thanks again Strider! and over at the NAK servers Row's got the runestorm shotgun and regular weapons running and its a blast! We're advertising UT3 all over here and at Unrealcentral , like to see more of us playing it especailly if we're saying that we're an UT3 clan lol I'm just wondering what the status of what we are planning to do with UT3 is ? dead , or is it time to make it happen ?

Thanks !

Chef
{§ÎR}Earthishome7569
Knight

Hey I'm down and out as far as a real pc this old thing barely runs ut99 but in a few weeks I will be getting a new one hopefuly then I have tones of maps and mods coming including a new vehicle or 2 I might even open a matrix server as well just depends on how things go over the next few weeks............or months what ever it ends up to be lol but I'm in as soon as I can play...........lol
{ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
King

Two years ago, I was excited about UT3. I think we all were and we worked hard to get were we are today. I would go out on a limb and say we were the first UT3 Clan to establish. We were among the first to produce weapons, maps and other mutators. All quality and very popular in the UT Community. I was very proud to see how far we came in a very short time and had planned to completely convert to UT3 just as soon as everyone was able to mostly pending upgrades due to some heavy hardware requirements. After personally playing the game I found UT3 a step backwards. Many steps actually. I pushed it on the backburner til they released a patch. I think we're at patch v1.3 now and epic still hasn't got it right. I talked to Blackhole about it and we came to the conclusion that if we gave up UT2004 and put all our eggs in one UT3 basket, our clan may take an unrecoverable hit. Mr.Bee and I decided to make weapons for UT2004 to keep the interest and to draw players to our servers and website. Kendrix gave some awesome advice to not release our weapons too early, which would make for some thorough beta testing and have something different than any other server. He was right, players came from all over and now we have quite a few regulars. UT3's multiplayer scene is pretty much dead. The patches only gave a glimmer of hope, but in the end we still don't have a fully functional game. I see some clans folding due to all the frustrations UT3 has presented. In my mind and opinion, holding on to the UT2004 players out there was top priority. As long as they are having fun, they won't move on to other non-ut games. It would also give Epic some breathing room to work on the game. Just because UT3 is dead doesn't mean we and others can't jump start it back to life. I think we have enough regulars on our server now to feel safe about continuing our UT3 projects we started many months ago. But we really should start playing UT3 and get some regulars on Strider's UT3 Server. I for one will load the game up and play tomorrow. I would tonight, but my firing finger needs a rest. I fell asleep at my desk and layed on my hand. It fell asleep and took a few minutes to get my circulation back. Stupid me saw someone was playing on the POL and went it before I had completely recovered. Now my fire finger has no power and it draws up on me. It needs a days rest.

Nobody fear our future with UT3. We'll get there before you know it, much like our convert from UT2003 to UT2004. It just takes time.

cyber

Windows 10 Pro, Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz 1151 Unlocked, MSI Z170A Gaming M7, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Gaming 4G, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx soundcard, Logitech® G9x Laser Mouse, 850 EVGA Supernova PSU.
{§ÎR}Gizmoray
Knight

aint played UT in a while, but when it happens it will be UT3 first :)
{ÎK}Írôn Chef
Lord

{§ÎR}çyßêrhåwk wrote:Two years ago, I was excited about UT3. I think we all were and we worked hard to get were we are today. I would go out on a limb and say we were the first UT3 Clan to establish. We were among the first to produce weapons, maps and other mutators. All quality and very popular in the UT Community. I was very proud to see how far we came in a very short time and had planned to completely convert to UT3 just as soon as everyone was able to mostly pending upgrades due to some heavy hardware requirements. After personally playing the game I found UT3 a step backwards. Many steps actually. I pushed it on the backburner til they released a patch. I think we're at patch v1.3 now and epic still hasn't got it right. I talked to Blackhole about it and we came to the conclusion that if we gave up UT2004 and put all our eggs in one UT3 basket, our clan may take an unrecoverable hit. Mr.Bee and I decided to make weapons for UT2004 to keep the interest and to draw players to our servers and website. Kendrix gave some awesome advice to not release our weapons too early, which would make for some thorough beta testing and have something different than any other server. He was right, players came from all over and now we have quite a few regulars. UT3's multiplayer scene is pretty much dead. The patches only gave a glimmer of hope, but in the end we still don't have a fully functional game. I see some clans folding due to all the frustrations UT3 has presented. In my mind and opinion, holding on to the UT2004 players out there was top priority. As long as they are having fun, they won't move on to other non-ut games. It would also give Epic some breathing room to work on the game. Just because UT3 is dead doesn't mean we and others can't jump start it back to life. I think we have enough regulars on our server now to feel safe about continuing our UT3 projects we started many months ago. But we really should start playing UT3 and get some regulars on Strider's UT3 Server. I for one will load the game up and play tomorrow. I would tonight, but my firing finger needs a rest. I fell asleep at my desk and layed on my hand. It fell asleep and took a few minutes to get my circulation back. Stupid me saw someone was playing on the POL and went it before I had completely recovered. Now my fire finger has no power and it draws up on me. It needs a days rest.

Nobody fear our future with UT3. We'll get there before you know it, much like our convert from UT2003 to UT2004. It just takes time.

cyber
Kool and all makes for good sense! just wanted to know that the UT wasn't going to die and to see if we are still going to make a go of UT3 here or stick with 2k4 ( which is awesome ! don't get me wrong! ) its just that Ut3 has so much of a different feel and playing style and all , I'm finding it hard to keep my 2k4 chops up and learn the UT3 style of movement at the same level. I still love UT99 as well!! I'm glad to see that the old girl still has some life left in her as well :D Rest that hand bud! and see you guys on ROS soon!!

Long live UT ( in all forms !) and of course ..... IK !

Chef
=TSA=Sushi
Page

Hello everyone.

UT3 is a nice game, love it.

I enjoy playing on your ut3 server.

On the other hand, some stuff is more complexe, such as creating a new vp.

Sometimes, when I try to connect, instead of saying if there's a conflict of files, my game crashes.

UT3 has unfortunatly more bugs then 2k4, 2k4 very stable.

ut3 expansion pack

epic games

eurogamer.net

Epic games will release an expansion pack, when I don't know.

Posted something for our sniping community, the forum is open for a debate, that's on the eurogamer link, the 3rd one.

In conclusion, find it's a pain not able to release my finger for the crouch since it's not working like 2k4.

They push it on a higher level but onfortunatly it's not user friendly.

Cheers.
Strider
Page

The Epic server admin list that I belong to is very quiet. Hardly any chatter anymore other than a topic or two and nothing about any new patches.

It's a good game, but I do agree it needs alot of polish and stability. Kind of reminds me of Windows ME.....or Vista for that matter.

But at least 99 and 2k4 are solid performers. That is where I will be spending more of my time. ;)
{ÎK}Írôn Chef
Lord

It will be interesting to see what will transpire with the expansion pack ( when ever that comes out! ) Hopefully it'll help breath some life into the game.

Chef
{ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
King

I'm eagerly awaiting the expansion pack myself.

Windows 10 Pro, Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz 1151 Unlocked, MSI Z170A Gaming M7, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Gaming 4G, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx soundcard, Logitech® G9x Laser Mouse, 850 EVGA Supernova PSU.
{ÎK}Írôn Chef
Lord

WOW! they have been busy working on UT3 - http://www.beyondunreal.com/view_story.php?id=12466
lots and lots of fixes/ improvements! WEEEEEEEEEE!

Chef
{§ÎR}stråyçåt
Knight

I wont hold my breath....
Image ImageImage

{§ÎR}stråyçåt {§ÎR}stråyçåt {§ÎR}stråyçåt {§ÎR}stråyçåt