UT3 Demo

Unreal Tournament III Chat.

Moderator: {§ÎR}MrBee®

{§ÎR}ßlåçkholé
King

UT3 demo may be downloaded at [glow=red]www.unrealcentral.com[/glow]

UT3 DEMO
Last edited by {§ÎR}ßlåçkholé on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
{ÌK}Øm€gÄñ~§PÂRtÄÑ
Lord

Im downloading it right now as I an sending this message!!!!!!!!!!1

http://www.gamershell.com/downloads/init.php

Let the new war begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strider
Page

A few screenhots

Strider
Page

I was pretty dissapointed at first. My 512M PCIX Nvidia 7600GS choked badly everytime I came across some movement. Got a bad guy in the sights and it froze....I died then it was ok.

After dinner I dropped the texture quality and WOW it became smooth and playable.

The textures were very comparable at this setting and the gameplay was pretty nice. Just like 2004 gameplay. I am now impressed....especially for a first time demo release. It's gonna be nice. :)
Strider
Page

Although it does not run on my windows 2003 server box, so no test server until they patch it.
{ÌK}Øm€gÄñ~§PÂRtÄÑ
Lord

I finshed my download and will wait to get home to play it. how many max players can play?

Púrgåtørí

Nice *sighs
{ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
King

I had the same sluggish movement when playing full detail. Tuned it down a bit and it ran fine. I don't think it's our systems. I've been reading about it all across the board. I will do some research about tweaks and patches and get back with everyone.

Windows 10 Pro, Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz 1151 Unlocked, MSI Z170A Gaming M7, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Gaming 4G, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx soundcard, Logitech® G9x Laser Mouse, 850 EVGA Supernova PSU.
{ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
King

If anyone has an AMD Dual Core CPU, download and install this patch from AMD. In my previous post I said I was experiencing sluggish/stuttering performance with graphics turned all the way up. After using the patch below, I can run everything in full detail without one skip. Plays as smooth as silk. :)

Dual-Core Optimizer

Windows 10 Pro, Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz 1151 Unlocked, MSI Z170A Gaming M7, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Gaming 4G, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx soundcard, Logitech® G9x Laser Mouse, 850 EVGA Supernova PSU.
{ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
King

Here's a pic of me playing UT3 Beta Demo with graphics on full and getting 75 FPS. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Púrgåtørí

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
{§ÎR}Wéåpøñ-X
Knight

Its official, my new PC is UT3 Ready!!!!!!I downloaded it yesterday and played it with all the settings turned up high with no problems although I did not play multiplayer game yet, will do tonight. Hey cyber how do you get the fps benchmark on the demo? and how do you do a screenshot and where does it store it now?
Strider
Page

Hit your ~ key and type "stat fps"....no quotes to get your frames.

Standard F9 for the screnshots and they are saved in your "My Documents>My Games>Unreal Tournament 3 Demo>UTGame>ScreenShots"
Strider
Page

D. Known Graphics Issues

Some issues with NVIDIA graphics cards cause the game to stop: To run the Unreal Tournament 3 Demo with certain NVIDIA cards, you must install the NVIDIA ForceWare 163.71 driver, or a later driver. To install the 163.71 or later driver, go to the www.nvidia.com/drivers website. If you do not install the 163.71 driver or a later driver, at some point the game might stop and your progress will be lost.

For other issues with NVIDIA graphics cards and Windows Vista, go to the www.nvidia.com/object/windows_vista_hotfixes.html website.

If you are experiencing meshes flickering with NVIDIA graphics cards and Windows Vista please reboot your machine – this is an NVIDIA driver issue.

Hotfixes for GeForce customers running Windows Vista: Please go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938194 and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938979 - these hotfixes improve the compatibility and reliability of Windows Vista. It can be downloaded from this link or from Windows Update.

Some issues with NVIDIA 7900 graphics cards cause the game to stop: If users are getting crashes creating rendering resources (pixel shaders, index buffers, textures etc) on NVIDIA cards with low operating system memory (1Gb or less), follow these steps for a workaround:

1. If AVG anti-virus software is installed, it needs to be uninstalled. This program causes resource conflicts with drivers. Be sure to restart the system after removing AVG.
2. In UTGame/Config/UTEngine.ini, set bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True.
3. Run the game again.

Some issues with ATI graphics cards cause the game to stop: To run Unreal Tournament 3 for Radeon 9x00 cards, we recommend installing the ATI Catalyst driver revision 7.8 from the www.amd.com website. If you do not install the revision 7.8 driver from the website, at some point the game might stop and your progress will be lost. For newer cards we recommend installing ATI Catalyst driver revision 7.9.
{§ÎR}Wéåpøñ-X
Knight

Thank you so much Strider