IK Logo

My little say on UT3 (read)

Unreal Tournament III Chat.

Moderator: {§ÎR}MrBee®

Sat 01 Dec, 2007 11:01 am

• May i make one comment on UT3.

i just love the editor, the way the technologie is going with the engine 3 of epic.
    real bad ass..

but with my 3000+ amd and my 1 gig of ram, and my 7800 gtx well i was crashing all the time and i must admit
    i was perty piss, each time i was tring a what seams a bigger map i crashed..

till one week later , i dicided to bring the textures to 1 instead of 3 the middle point .. ut3 goes from 1 to 5..

so i say at 1 at leats i will see if it crash or not...

it never did, i was able to test every map and vehicule without crashing ever. +
    i bring the screen to 1600x1200 and at 1 for the graphic set.. at 65 FPS in most maps

well believe it or not , the graphic are super nice and you almost feel like in 2k4 at top graph setthing.
    imagine this on a brand new PC..

i must say i was perty amazed about the feel of the game full screen and all, playing some CTF and , onslaw
    god it did, this is the closes feeling to ut99 i ever got back to..

i think it rocks and cant wait to see the Maps and mods that come out of this...
    even the trans is like ut99 i mean the way it plays..
    i was able to telefrag the good old way 99 did.. but the radius is a little more tight.

well my little comment on it.... so for those like me that did have crashing problems
    bring the graphic details down guys... it still very nice..

Frank

{§ÎR}MrBee®
    Master Lord

Sat 01 Dec, 2007 11:12 am

• There is a other thing i experience with UT3
    i mean maybe , and i say maybe becose i am no expert, but on smaller system like mine
    i was crashing at full screen play, that was weird , so i ended up playing WINDOWED and it stoped crashing.

but then i realized when i drop quality to one (1) , so i did not crash in big maps no more and was able to test the
    full game like i should,

only then i stayed windowed but i crank it up to 1600 x 1200 that is my normal video setting .
    so wow

now i am windowed , full screen, plus able to play all the UT3 maps and realy enjoy the game..

i must say this as i am trying to always stay positive with new demanding games . but i remember when i did try ut99
    with my 450 mgh pc, and my 64 megs of ram and a 8 meg video card. shit i only could play in a little mini window of UT back then
    just barely able to crank up 30 fps . lol

well my little 2 cents.. if it helps glad it does..

Frank

{§ÎR}MrBee®
    Master Lord

Sat 01 Dec, 2007 4:07 pm

• Yeah I agree. At first the Editor look fearsome and I was thinking "I'm never going to figure this out", but after a week I feel really comfortable in what I have learned and will have a finalized map here shortly.

You can import any music you want and the way things are able to be manipulated is truly fantastic. Plus someone just released a 2k4 to UT3 conversion utility that allows you to import 2k4 brushes nicely into UT3.

I played a little 2k4 today, and man I must admit it looked almost cartoonish. I really like the way UT3 moves and feels.

I know alot of people have been down on UT3, but at this point it feels great to play and develop. I feel the creative fires again once like I did when 2k4 was released.

Good stuff is going to come out of this.
    Strider
    Page

Return to UT3 Discussion

Information