IK Logo

When Bots Attack

Unreal Tournament III Chat.

Moderator: {§ÎR}MrBee®

Sat 29 Mar, 2008 12:12 am

• UT3 has a serious issue with bot ai. Even with bots set on novice, they still shoot you with aimbot accuracy and speed. Like aimbot technology, when you're in their line of sight, they'll instantly fire their weapon at you. It wouldn't be so bad if you're using regular weapons, but when you speed up the game and add rapid fire weapons, it makes the game unplayable. Zark is always about speed, rapidfire and transing so there lies the problem. There're many threads out there saying the same thing. That's why we're not seeing alot of people playing online. The only way you can play zark without getting frustrated is remove the bots completely.

Bots AI comes mostly from UTBot.uc. Their behavior is also called from UTCustonChar.ini and inside the weapon code itself. Adding BotSkill=1 in your server commandline doesn't seem to have any affect.

I've been doing some tweaking by creating my own mutator building off the UTBot class. My goal is to make UT3 bots behave like they did in UT2004. I did find a setting that will make the bots trans around like they're a veteran zark player.

Lots of code to go through. If anyone has anything to add please feel free to respond.

cyber

Windows 10 Pro, Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz 1151 Unlocked, MSI Z170A Gaming M7, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Gaming 4G, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx soundcard, Logitech® G9x Laser Mouse, 850 EVGA Supernova PSU.
    {ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
    King

Sat 29 Mar, 2008 7:59 pm

Sat 29 Mar, 2008 11:25 pm

• i never did play online realy yet, but on my system, bots are not that good, i beat them all in a minute. i will need to test it out.
    good luck with mutator.

{§ÎR}MrBee®
    Master Lord

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 3:42 am

• {§ÎR}Írôn Chef wrote:See!! UT2004 is better :lol: :wink:

2k4 Chef :twisted:

It's sad but I'd have to agree at this time. I do believe that eventually when all the bugs gets worked out, it will be an awesome game to play.

Windows 10 Pro, Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz 1151 Unlocked, MSI Z170A Gaming M7, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Gaming 4G, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx soundcard, Logitech® G9x Laser Mouse, 850 EVGA Supernova PSU.
    {ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
    King

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 9:55 am

• Ok Greg, this may not be the best of cure.. but i was thinking of this problem and did some studies of my own.

i notice Bots always do a better job of killing while standing still and when they are moving the AI drops incredible in the way they calculate there target.

i have tried this and it seams that it works very well, as i tested it and rarely or never found my self not moving.

it is inverse SNIPER Config:

[UTMutator_Beester2.UTMutator_Beester2]
    adjStillFireRate=1.000000
    adjMovingFireRate=0.080000

so the best they can do is hit you once at the speed we are moving so if you did carry some damage , you will dies , if not you will receive the damage and keep moving on.

We always seams in motion . starfing left and right and forward action all the time..

so please test this on your server and give me your impression.

:twisted:

Frank

{§ÎR}MrBee®
    Master Lord

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 3:08 pm

• I'll try that .... thanks bee.

{ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
    King

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 4:14 pm

• {§ÎR}çyßêrhåwk wrote:UT3 has a serious issue with bot ai. Even with bots set on novice, they still shoot you with aimbot accuracy and speed. .......... That's why we're not seeing alot of people playing online.

Yeah I'm kind of kicking myself for taking the 2k4 ABG down as UT3 is taking a long time to get going. There are still alot of tweaks to get the gameplay better. I'm hoping in the next 60 days things will iron themselves out more.
    Strider
    Page

Sun 30 Mar, 2008 4:25 pm

• UT3 has the looks as the graphics are unbelievable, but the playability sucks ass at the moment. Bots is just one of many problems riddled with UT3. I'm still glad Epic released it in November. At least we can make maps, mutators and such for it.

I've found a bug in UT3 and i'm not sure if anyone has noticed it or not. When ever you win the game online, your character is shown facing to the right of where you took your last shot. It does it every time to me. Offline there's no problem, only during multiplayer.

{ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
    King

Fri 04 Apr, 2008 11:36 am

• Keep up the good work guys... looking like Ill finally be getting my UT3/Crysis system in a month or 2... hopefully all the bugs will be ironed out by then but Im not holding my breath.. UT3 is looking to be another UT2k3 (Im wondering if the "3" prefix is cursed LoL). Knowing the way Epic have been working lately I wouldnt be surprised if we see a UT4 in November containing a money back voucher on production of your UT3 receipt as was done with 2k3/4.

There are 10 types of people in the world... Those who understand binary and those who dont :P
    |EVO|AsToRoTh
    Page

Return to UT3 Discussion

Information