IK Logo

Unable to pick up IK-Eragon playing on server

Unreal Tournament 2004 Chat.

Moderator: {§ÎR}MrBee®

• This is an intermittent problem. I will walk up to the IK-Eragon and hear the clicking sound that is made when weapons are picked up. However, the Eragon doesn't show up in the list of weapons at the bottom of the HUD and I cannot scroll to it. Picking up ammo or picking up the Eragon at another spot doesn't help. This lasts until I am killed, then I am able to pick it up again until the next time the problem randomly occurs. This can happen once or several times when playing on a map. I don't know if this has affected other players or not. The bots seem to always be able to pick it up.

Thank you.
    Swift_Claw
    Page

• Hi Swift.....do you have any custom mutators installed locally?

Windows 10 Pro, Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz 1151 Unlocked, MSI Z170A Gaming M7, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Gaming 4G, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx soundcard, Logitech® G9x Laser Mouse, 850 EVGA Supernova PSU.
    {ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
    King

• are you sure you have some bullets ,, I regulary run out of bullets ... the eragon are the sniper bullets , the Sig are black 666 sig bullets .... maybe clean your cache ...

do you have any custom mutators installed locally?

{§ÎR}MrBee®
    Master Lord

• sometime , you can have some maps with no pickup on the replace weapon for a sertain map ... means that you wont find Eragon bullets or any other weapons you may have that have none pickup for the replacement you game it on sertain maps , .... since the server As 3 weapons ... and that most of the maps out there have pickups for the ( Rocket Launcher , the Flack Canon , or any other UT weapon ... some pickups will be missing depending on the author of sertain maps ..... some mappers ... will garnish a map with mostly Rocker ,Flack canon ... less for sniper or Bio weapons ... ore some mappers will have a huge lack of weapon pickups .... so yes I think this is a ran out of munitions you are having .... try to catch any other weapons and look for pickups ... you should be fine .......

it is a crusial moment when I ran out of bullets on some maps my self ... and the weapon needs fresh bullet pickup even if you re-pick a fresh Eragon or any other ... hope it helps
    :-)

{§ÎR}MrBee®
    Master Lord

• I did notice this issue today .,, it is the no pickup ,,, that can catch up with you making you look around for bullets or a other weapon .... depends on the author of every level (MAPS) we play ... some have plenty pickup other none ,,, eragon is replacement of the flack canon .. rocket launcher is Sig66

{§ÎR}MrBee®
    Master Lord

• Local mutators? Yes. I have several: Keg O Whupass, Low Grav, Quad Jump, Species Statistics, Vampire, Wolf Replace Manta, YM Mod Bots, IK Eragon, IK Matrix, IK Sig66 LR, IK Xploding Trans v 1.5.

Isn't the Eragon supposed to be preloaded with ammo? All the other weapons are and the Eragon usually is when I pick it up. I made a YouTube video of the problem I'm experiencing. It will say I picked it up, but it doesn't show up in my weapon list.

But if this is due to the map, why does it only happen in some random places? I can have the problem at a pickup, then die, respawn, return to the same area and not have the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux2s1Jj5Njc

Thanks for any help.
    Swift_Claw
    Page

• Can you post your .ini configuration for both the Eragon and the Sig66 LR? I want to check something.

Windows 10 Pro, Intel® Core™ i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz 1151 Unlocked, MSI Z170A Gaming M7, MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Gaming 4G, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx soundcard, Logitech® G9x Laser Mouse, 850 EVGA Supernova PSU.
    {ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
    King

• Sig66 LR

[IK_SIG66_LR.Mut_SIG66_LR]
    Weapon00=IK_SIG66_LR.SIG66_LR
    Weapon01=IK_SIG66_LR.SIG66_LR
    Weapon02=IK_LIGTHNING_ZARK.Lightning_ZarK_MoD
    Weapon03=IK_SIG66_LR.SIG66_LR
    Weapon04=IK_ERAGON_XT.IK_SIRRUSH
    Weapon05=IK_WINIBEE40SH2.IK_WINIBEE40SH8
    Weapon06=IK_LIGTHNING_ZARK.Lightning_ZarK_MoD
    Weapon07=IK_OWULF_GN.IK_BLAW
    Weapon08=IK_SIG66_LR.SIG66_LR
    Weapon09=ChaosVortexv2.Vortex
    Weapon10=XWeapons.Painter
    Weapon11=Onslaught.ONSMineLayer
    Weapon12=IK_SIG66_LR.SIG66_LR
    Weapon13=IK_SIG66_LR.SIG66_LR
    Weapon14=IK_SIG66_LR.SIG66_LR
    Weapon15=NONE
    Weapon16=IK_LIGTHNING_ZARK.Lightning_ZarK_MoD
    bAlwaysUseMouseWheel=True
    UseHitSounds=False
    HitSound1=False
    HitSound2=False
    HitSound3=False
    HitSound4=False
    NoSpawnEffect=False
    VehicleDamageScaling=0.150000
    FireRate1=0.050000
    FireRate2=0.050000
    ZoomStep=0.100000
    ZoomSpeed=0.750000
    Priority=200.000000
    BringUpTime=0.012000
    PutDownTime=0.025000
    LockAim=0.990000
    DamageLevel=80
    StartingAmmo=300
    MaxAmmo=300
    AmmoPickupCount=300
    MaxMultiJump=10
    MultiJumpRemaining=10
    AirControl=0.850000
    NewGameSpeed=1.500000

Eragon

[IK_ERAGON_XT.Mut_IK_SIRRUSH]
    Weapon00=NONE
    Weapon01=IK_SIG66_LR.SIG66_LR
    Weapon02=NONE
    Weapon03=NONE
    Weapon04=IK_ERAGON_XT.IK_SIRRUSH
    Weapon05=IK_ERAGON_XT.IK_SIRRUSH
    Weapon06=IK_ERAGON_XT.IK_SIRRUSH
    Weapon07=IK_ERAGON_XT.IK_SIRRUSH
    Weapon08=IK_ERAGON_XT.IK_SIRRUSH
    Weapon09=ChaosVortexv2.Vortex
    Weapon10=NONE
    Weapon11=Onslaught.ONSMineLayer
    Weapon12=Onslaught.ONSGrenadeLauncher
    Weapon13=Onslaught.ONSAVRiL
    Weapon14=IK_ERAGON_XT.IK_SIRRUSH
    Weapon15=OnslaughtFull.ONSPainter
    Weapon16=IK_SOULCATCHER_VB.IK_SOULCATCHER
    bAlwaysUseMouseWheel=True
    UseHitSounds=False
    HitSound1=False
    HitSound2=False
    HitSound3=False
    HitSound4=False
    NoSpawnEffect=False
    SplashDamage=30.000000
    DamageRadius=128.000000
    VehicleDamageScaling=0.400000
    FireRate1=0.120000
    FireRate2=0.120000
    ZoomStep=0.100000
    ZoomSpeed=0.750000
    Priority=200.000000
    BringUpTime=0.025000
    PutDownTime=0.025000
    LockAim=0.990000
    InventoryGroup=7.000000
    GroupOffset=179.000000
    DamageLevel=70
    StartingAmmo=300
    MaxAmmo=402
    AmmoPickupCount=150
    MaxMultiJump=10
    MultiJumpRemaining=1
    AirControl=0.680000
    NewGameSpeed=1.500000
    Swift_Claw
    Page

• Swift_Claw wrote:Local mutators? Yes. I have several: Keg O Whupass, Low Grav, Quad Jump, Species Statistics, Vampire, Wolf Replace Manta, YM Mod Bots, IK Eragon, IK Matrix, IK Sig66 LR, IK Xploding Trans v 1.5.

Isn't the Eragon supposed to be preloaded with ammo? All the other weapons are and the Eragon usually is when I pick it up. I made a YouTube video of the problem I'm experiencing. It will say I picked it up, but it doesn't show up in my weapon list.

But if this is due to the map, why does it only happen in some random places? I can have the problem at a pickup, then die, respawn, return to the same area and not have the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux2s1Jj5Njc

Thanks for any help.

All 3 weapon are the same force ,,, and if you find one pickup you are full

SIG66
    Eragon
    STEALT v3

but pickups are not always the same .. because of ( the map autors ) ,,,, let me explane ...

lets say ut2004 as 7 original weapon . ( you know the rocket launcher , the flack canon , the sniper , ext .....
    some autors just put some weapon base in maps and forget to place them pickup before they release there maps
    some maps are very well balance with many differente wepons and many pickups

and some maps can have only Rocket and Flack
    anyway ,,

when we play on our server ,,, my weapons are replacement of a original weapon .. ( as a list too )

So in my server ,,,,

I select wich original weapon I want to replace by my guns ...

so ...
    Rocket launcher=SIG66
    Flack canon=Eragon
    reddem=
    the pulse gun=SIG66
    ext.....

and I do this as well for almost all replacement

in my server you have more SIG66 then eragon .. and eragon is the replacement of a less pouplar weapon ...

you will always spawn with SIG66
    and will find more SIG66

i say you are out of bullet till you find a Eragon pickup ... even if you try to reselect a the Eragon ... It thinks you already have it ... and you must search for eragon bullets or switch back to SIG66

:-)

{§ÎR}MrBee®
    Master Lord

• I just did look at the video //

I am puzzle ...
    once you acquire the eragon .. and it does not appear . do you scroll dow and up to see if you have it ?

sometime if i cross a weapon base ...

or it changes weapon or you must scrowll to get them ...

I don't get this error ??? beats me

{§ÎR}MrBee®
    Master Lord

• After looking over the two weapon configs....it looks like the weapon replacement configurations are trying to over write each other, which would cause much problems. Keep the weapon replacements identical in both guns. Try that and let me know if it works. Thanks...

ps....this is assuming both guns are loaded in the same game and/or server.

{ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
    King

• Bee: Even if I pick up Eragon ammo, I'm still unable to switch to the Eragon or pick it up until I'm killed and respawn. When this happens and I scroll the weapons, I do not have the Eragon, only the Sig66.

Cyberhawk: I'll check the configurations of the weapon mutators. Do I need to set them so they're exactly the same?
    Swift_Claw
    Page

• Only the weapon replacement parts. (Weapon00-16) They have to be the same. These are worldly settings and will affect other mutators.

{ÎK}çyßêrhåwk
    King

• I made them both the same. Will play online tomorrow and report if there are any problems or not.

Thanks for the help thus far.
    Swift_Claw
    Page

• I was playing Action-Base and the eragon was not picking up ... played a second game in Action-Base to see if it was the map ... and NO it was fine on the second run ..

seams to be a real error .... but I rarely did have this ... I will studie the error ...

{§ÎR}MrBee®
    Master Lord

Next

Return to UT2004 Discussion

Information